Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Custom-made clothing!



The new phrase for sewing your own clothing is custom-made! Sounds so much nicer to say your kids have custom-made clothing than saying you made it yourself. Today, I bought some fabric from the wonderful Etsy store, Treasure Bay Fabrics. She has a beautiful collection of fabrics and ribbons inspired by the children's clothier, Matilda Jane. Look what I bought to make some Matilda Jane-inspired dresses for my girls.


Here is collection one:










And some ribbon trim:







And here is collection two:





And some ribbon trim:









I am not sure exactly what I am going to make but I have some great ideas. I am looking at either making another dress like the pink floral twirl dress I finished last week, but with patchworked tiers so there is more color. Or an Ottobre pillowcase-style dress with a ribbon at neckline. Either way, I am very inspired buy these fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment