Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rosalind Tee, part two




Rosalind is pretty much done! I just need to sew the buttons around the neckline but it is otherwise done. I am pleased with how it turned out. My daughter loves it. I think the neckline is too wide but it is still pretty good for a beginning seamstress. This picture shows the tee worn over a camisole. You can see the camisole poking out of the neckline of the tee.

But I think the sleeves turned out great. I could not figure out how to use elastic thread on my machine. I tried many stitch variations on practice material and I could never get it to look right. So, in the end, I used elastic and it looks fine Perfect!

The buttons will be sewn on soon and I will get a final picture. One thing at a time! It is hard to sew with a 2 year old and a 6 year old, neither of whom nap, at home.



In other news, since my original SWAP plan was to sew pull on denim pants to go with this top, and that failed miserably, my new plan is to sew a tiered flouncy, twirly skirt. My sewing coop is in the process of placing an order for some Michael Miller fabric. Here are the swatches I will use to make a long, twirly skirt to wear with this top.













































No comments:

Post a Comment