Thursday, June 9, 2011

Simplicity 2377 Butterfly Dress

I decided to try out this new Simplicity pattern, 2377.  It looked very cute and I like the flutter-sleeve option.  It turned out to be a very simple pattern to follow.  My little girl really wanted a butterfly fabric dress for her fourth birthday celebration next week, so this is what we came up with.


 Front View
 Back View
One modification I made was to make the dress have three tiers instead of two.  I took the two skirt pattern pieces that came with the pattern, cut them a few inches narrower each, and then made a middle tier of in-between width. 

Fabrics are: Top to bottom: Blue Hill party dress (both), Sugar Pop by Moda, Benartex Backyard Butterflies, and Free Spirit Blossoming!  These are all such fascinating fabrics.  The Blue Hill are super soft, medium-to-light weight for a woven, and perfect for clothing.  The Moda is thicker and not as soft but has a nice feel to it.   The Backyard butterflies is very soft and light-weight, almost silky.  It would be perfect for a nightgown!  The Blossoming is my favorite, however, being that it is thick and soft and of so pretty. 

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!! I've decided to try to sew a dress from this pattern; my sister used some of the Freebird fabric from Momo (by Moda) for this dress and it is so gosh darn cute!!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete