Wednesday, February 13, 2013

It takes a village

They say it takes a village to raise a child but it also takes a great group of gals to learn to sew!  In the last week, I have used the help of so many sewing friends to complete this great outfit for my daughter's valentine's day celebration!  They are my village. My online village of sewing friends.  I couldn't do it without them.

First of all, I couldn't have made this dress without Jen's Butterfly Dress pattern, at Tiedyediva.  Thanks for making such a great pattern. This is my all-time favorite dress pattern. It is a pdf pattern and it comes with great step-by-step instructions, complete with pictures, and the pattern sews up beautifully.  Some patterns cause great confusion for ther user but not Jen's! They are always well done, easy to use, perfect for the beginner to moderate seamstress.

 (I swear the bodice ruffle is straight! It just looks wonky in the pic!)



Thanks to Meagan, the Mean Princess, we have a cute top to go underneath the dress.  The Bella dress pattern also makes a really cute top and she shows you how to sew it on a tutorial from her blog.  Lindsay, of The Cottage Home, is to thank for the lace on the sleeve. I won one of her giveaways, last year, and it included this lovely lace.  Finally, Kristi, from The Burlap Button, gave me a great tip on how to sew the neck of a knit top using your serger.  Brilliant! 


Thanks for being in my village. There's a whole lot more of you and I appreciate you all.  I couldn't sew without you. 



2 comments:

  1. KATHY - you are so sweet!! And so is that baby girl of yours up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is darling! I love the flutter sleeves.:)

    ReplyDelete