Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tiedyediva Chelsea pattern

I forgot to tell you all I tested a great new pattern a few months ago: Tiedyediva Long Sleeve Dress Pattern for girls -  The Chelsea Dress. This is such a pretty dress and not hard at all to make. Yet, it has a fancy look to it, in my opinion.  The front has a bib closure that is not hard at all to sew.  But doesn't it look lovely! You can do inner buttons that are hidden or buttons on the outside, as I did. I decided it was a perfect dress for my beloved Deco Demure Stash.  I have been hoarding it for a while! This line is by Laura Berringer for Marcus Fabrics. It is currently not in their catalog but if you search, you could probably find some. And it has peacock feathers, which is my bliss.  Here is my daughter wearing her new dress. The sleeves, bib, and skirt are Deco Demure, the red is from Felicity Miller's Gypsy line and the brown floral in the bodice is from Robyn Pandolph's Chateau Rococco line.



Here is a closeup of the finished dress. The Gypsy red fabric is becoming my favorite blender fabric for trims!  I just scored two more yards from Fabric.com, from their recent sale.  Made me very happy.


















Closeup of the bib.  


Closeup of sleeve.  The lovely ribbon is from Trimgoddess, on Etsy. She has the BEST selection of lovely ribbons I have seen.  One of my favorite Etsy stores.


I highly recommend this pattern to beginner sewists on up.  Tiedyediva patterns are always well written and come with a great many pictures and advice for you to make sure your garment turns out perfect.  The directions to make the bib are simple to understand and the sleeves come out beautifully.   This is a pdf pattern you can download and print.  I keep my computer near my sewing area so I only need to print the pattern pieces, not the directions. I can read them off the computer.  Works out perfectly.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment